I shopped at several stores on 7-28-15 & on my last purchase my card was declined. Called CITI & was disconnected.

Called back to speak to the supervisor in the fraud department but she was busy & was told she would call me back, which she did but she could NOT tell me why my card was declined. She said something about the computer did not know if the card was in my hand & therefore would not honor the charge. She gave me the old CYA reason which I was not happy with, we went round & round but still no answer why my card was declined in a store with several people to hear about my problem with a paid up account . Needless to say I CLXED both card I have....When I realizes I had money coming from my Double Cash card I called back & was told I would not get the money because I closed the card & the lady I spoke with in the Fraud department should have refunded the money before closing the card.

It was the right thing to do but why would she do the right thing????? I would like you to explain to me how a computer knows if I have my credit card in my hand or not & therefore can decide to decline my charge.

Product or Service Mentioned: Citicards Credit Card.

Comments