There are too many abuses and instances of surly, unfriendly, inefficient, utterly unjustifiable treatment of customers to address even a fraction of them. I'm done with Citicards.

Life is too short. I have one of their top cards: Advantage Platinum Select. They treat Platinum customers the same way lots of people treat homeless panhandlers. You'd think they would at least be polite to all their customers.

They sent me one of their automated calls, I go through the miserable, unhelpful system endlessly, it asks questions that call for an answer that is NOT one of the options provided, and when I then press zero, they say, "Here, let's transfer you to a person . . . and then it hangs up.

Then I call the main customer service number, and some lowlife gives me only her first name but demands my full name, my mother's maiden name, my card number, etc., all of which they claim is for MY security. They make clear that they couldn't care less about my security or any other customer's security. Am I irate? You bet I am.

It's hard not to suspect that the reason it's so hard to get a real human is that their personnel speak such poor English. And I'd be astonished to learn they're paying all these people who speak minimal English a decent wage. I finally got a human in their fraud department (again, I was responding to THEIR automated call), but this person gave me no help whatsoever, so I got someone purporting to be a manager on the phone. He couldn't or wouldn't do anything to help, and when I asked him to give me some way to identify the first person, he said he normally could, but somehow the computer wouldn't let him do that this time.

In other words, she or he had done something to hide even the slightest way to identify the person about whom I wised to make a complaint. No accountability at all. No wonder their CEO just quit, "effective immediately." They can't show respect and decency to one another OR their customers.

Citibank is a mess, not unlike Wells Fargo. I'm getting out, and I urge everyone to do so.

Product or Service Mentioned: Citicards Customer Care.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 27, 2017.

Comments