Verified Reviewer

I applied for an American Airlines credit card to take advantage of the benefits of free luggage and etc as I booked a trip in late 2021. My credit is 850+, my home and vehicles are paid for and I earn over 100K a year.

I have no loans and all my current cards back to 1984 are paid in full each month. I was denied based on the fact that I received a Southwest Travel card 8 months ago and recently got a Wayfair card for new furniture last month, that is paid in full. Citibank controls how many cards you are allowed to apply for in one year. Your approval is not on credit worthiness.

So, I won't be booking any travel with American any longer while they use Citibank for their card. Furthermore, the Wayfair card is being cancelled as they use Citibank as well. I didn't need the credit, I was optimizing on the rewards for future purchases.

I did see in the fine print that Citibank charges astronomical interest rates and their reviews during the pandemic of helping customers is unacceptable. When you lose a customer, you lose 500 more in their chain of friends......

User's recommendation: Better bank cards out there, check the reviews for the bank behind the card.

Product or Service Mentioned: Citicards Credit Card.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Citicards Cons: Keeping consumers from getting air travel benefits.

Comments