I had trouble with Citi posting payments before, but what has occurred since I paid them $6,400.00 is insane. I sent the payment over 2 weeks ago. They have just now credited it to my account (3 days ago), and although my account shows that I have available credit, my purchases have been declined.

I verified the payment was received 3 days ago, and they said I had approx. $7,000 in credit available. I went to the store, tried to use the card, and it was declined. I called Citibank and they told me that yes, they received the payment, and that although they verified my credit available they meant after my payment is released. The girl said that since I made the payment from a different account number than I usually make payments that they would be holding the check for 14 days.

I told her this was unacceptable. I asked why I wasn't informed. She said they sent me a letter, that day (3 days after receiving the payment). I asked why they did not communicate with me via email like I requested, and was told that they send letters only due to security concerns.

So, tonight, after spending the whole day at the hospital with my husband I called to see if the hold had been removed yet. I was told yes, and that I had approx. 7,000 in credit. I called to order a pizza for my kids. My card was declined.

I am used to BS from banks, and normally it wouldn't be so bad, but we are short of cash since our dishwasher, clothes washer and freezer all broke in one week. And, also my husband was in the hospital due to a fluke illness.

I am really pissed since I have never missed a payment, and made a large payment also. I feel like they are just being dicks.

Had an Experience with Citicards?

Comments

Just a follow-up....almost a month later and I still have not received that letter they say they sent. :(