50 views
Verified Reviewer

1.6

Update by user Oct 11, 2020

They responded stating they wouldn't give me the $500 in rewards. I have charged I have charged over $1 million since having this account and have always paid on time and NEVER carried a balance.

I guess having to pay cash rewards and earning no interest makes me undesirable. If they aren't going to give me a reason and simply say they don't want to do business with me they should have to pay the accumulated cash back. If I decide mid cycle I don't want to do business with Citi anymore, I'd sure be expected to make my payment for the charges incurred and wouldn't get out of my obligation.If you are looking for a good rewards card get a chase freedom and freedom unlimited with a chase saphirre reserve.With the chase freedom bonus categories you get 5 percent back and unlimited freedom 1.5 percent.

If you transfer them over to your reserve card you can use 1 point to pay for 1.5 percent for a credit on any grocery, home improvement or restaurant purchase. That makes a freedom bonus point worth 7.5 percent everyday spending on unlimited worth 2.25 percent.

Original review posted by user Sep 11, 2020

I had a Citi Double cash card that gave 2% cash back. They closed the account even though I paid it in full every month and have never paid a penny in interest and was never late.

They simply said they didn't want to do business with me any longer and didn't have to give me the rewards I earned on the account which are almost $500.

If I said in the middle of a billing cycle I didn't want to do business with Citi any longer you better believe they would want payment, I should get my $500. I would have used another credit card for those large purchases had I known.

User's recommendation: Avoid citi, use chase instead.

Product or Service Mentioned: Citicards Credit Card.

Preferred solution: My cash back rewards.

Citicards Pros: Rewards.

Citicards Cons: Closes account for no reason.

Comments