Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Original review updated by user Jul 06, 2022

TODAY I APPLIED FOR THE CITI / AADVANTAGE PLATINUM SELECT MASTERCARD TO BE USED TO PURCHASE AIRLINE TICKETS IMMEDIATELY ON THE AMERICAN AIRLINES WEBSITE BASED ON THE FOLLOWING OFFER:

Receive up to a $400 statement credit on eligible American Airlines purchases within the first 6 months of account opening

Plus, earn 30,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles after $1,500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening

Statement credit and American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles are not available if you have received a statement credit or American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles for a new Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select account in the past 48 months.

Earn 2 miles for every $1 spent at restaurants and gas stations and on eligible American Airlines purchases

If approved today, you will get an account number and temporary minimum credit limit to use on travel immediately

I WAS APPROVED TODAY WITH A CREDIT LIMIT OF $14,800 BUT I DID NOT RECEIVE AN ACCOUNT NUMBER AND TEMPORARY MINIMUM CREDIT LIMIT TO USE ON TRAVEL IMMEDIATELY AS PROMISED.

I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TOLD THEM I APPLIED FOR AND WAS APPROVED FOR THE CARD TO USE TODAY TO PURCHASE AIRLINE TICKETS AND I DID NOT RECEIVE MY ACCOUNT NUMBER. I WAS TOLD THAT I WOULD HAVE TO WAIT 7-10 DAYS FOR THE CARD TO ARRIVE.

I HAVE TO PURCHASE THE AIRLINES TICKETS TODAY FOR MY TRIP IN 3 DAYS. I HAVE TO USE A DIFFERENT CREDIT CARD TO PURCHASE THE TICKETS TODAY WHICH TOTALED $2,284.76. BASED ON YOUR OFFER, THE STATEMENT CREDIT FOR THIS PURCHASE IS $400 WHICH I WOULD HAVE RECEIVED IF YOU WOULD HAVE PROVIDED ME WITH MY ACCOUNT NUMBER AND TEMPORARY CREDIT LIMIT TO USE ON TRAVEL IMMEDIATELY AS PROMISED.

IT HAS TAKEN OVER 2 HOURS TO GET ABSOLUTELY NOTHING RESOLVED.

I'VE BEEN GIVEN SIX DIFFERENT NUMBERS TO CALL AND NO ONE CAN DO ANYTHING. I REQUESTED THE $400 STATEMENT CREDIT TO BE APPLIED TO MY ACCOUNT AND I WAS TOLD BY CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT THEY COULD NOT DO ANYTHING.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Citicards Cons: Make a mistake and maybe they will fix, Extreme long wait times over 2 hours.

Comments

#2206815

CITI BANK CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WORST!

Citicards Reviews